Friday, July 15, 2011

I Fell Off My Soapbox


Remember yesterday when I was perched high atop my "everybody should have a garden" soapbox?  After approximately fifteen hours of weeding, I am about a third done weeding my garden.  I now remember why I didn't have a garden when I was single, had a job, or a life...  Do you know how many margaritas I could have drank in fifteen hours?  How much pico and chips I could have eaten?  How many horses I could have ridden?

Weed free on the right, jungle on the left.

When I came in for lunch, my dad called and I complained to him about how I have spent the last three days.  In typical Dean, not so sympathetic fashion, he said, "well, I guess you'll have to decide which you like to eat best, vegetables or weeds."  I told him I was going to make the switch to weeds, a million goats can't be wrong. 

I did pick an armload of radishes before I came inside.  What am I going to do with all these radishes?  As I was standing at the sink thinking about what to do with them, this was all I could think about...

 
Anyway, like I was sayin', the radish is the fruit of the garden. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, radish-kabobs, radish creole, radish gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple radishes, lemon radishes, coconut radishes, pepper radishes, radish soup, radish stew, radish salad, radishes and potatoes, radish burger, radish sandwich. That- that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment