Monday, April 4, 2011

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

It is well known in our family that I am not an avid reader...of books anyway.  I enjoy magazines...reading to the kids...online information...anything with pictures basically.  Just about anytime I sit down with a book, my mind wanders to the list of tasks that I should be doing instead of sitting and reading.  If I lye in bed and read, I'm out in no time flat.  It takes me about three months to read a book in bed.  or six months...

My mom sent me Black Heels to Tractor Wheels for my birthday.  I read it in about three days.  I loved it, couldn't put it down.  The only other book I can remember having this kind of hold on me was Helter Skelter, a book about serial killer Charles Manson.  Weird, I know, but I love serial killer stories for some reason and I had to finish the book to know that he was behind bars.  That story haunted me for years.  Before pulling off the murders they were famous for, members of the Manson family would practice breaking into homes and just sneaking around while the families slept, and then they would leave.  Can you imagine!  Creepy! 



Anyway, now that I've freaked you out with Charles Manson stories, back to Black Heels...it was a really funny, uplifting, funny, romantic, funny, funny, did I say funny? story.   That Pioneer Woman has my kind of humor.  She embraces her dorkiness.

The book is about how Ree, The Pioneer Woman, meets, falls in love and marries her husband, Marlboro Man.  Ree grew up living the country club lifestyle and after high school moved to LA to attend college.  She loves every bit of her big city  lifestyle including being a vegetarian.  When a relationship with a boyfriend is headed for the end, she decides to make a move to Chicago.  She makes a quick pit stop over the holidays in her Oklahoma home town and meets the Marlboro Man in a bar while out with friends.  She is quickly swept off her black heeled feet...

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels is filled with hilarious situations, as you can imagine, of city girl comes to the country.  It will definitely make you want a Marlboro Man of your own!  And thankfully I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment