Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sesame Street Cowboy

   
Don (on cremello), Ryan (on buckskin) and JD on the ground





When I saw the pictures from this day, all I could think about was that Sesame Street song, One of These Kids is Doing His Own Thing. It also makes me think of Conway Twitty's song, Don't Call Him A Cowboy (until you've seen him ride).  Watch the link to this song, Don't Call Him A Cowboyno cowboy would be caught dead in that outfit and what is he standing on?  A trampoline?





Two cowboys and a..."wowboy".  That's a welder/cowboy.  The wind was howling that evening, thus the backwards hat.  I don't know how those other boys kept their hats on!

You never know what you'll see our family wearing while out riding.  I wear a stocking cap about six months out of the year and have also been known to wear my Carhartt bibs.  If its under 25 degrees, I pull out the bibs.  Most of our horses are pretty broke and I figure if I hit the ground, at least I'll be padded.

I have a friend who trains reined cowhorses for a living.  He is 19 and drives a lowrider.  After posting some of his show pictures on his Facebook page, one of his friends made a comment, "Dude, I didn't know you were a cowboy!".  Hilarious!  Apparently he lives the double life of a ganster/cowboy.

So...I guess the old Sesame Street lesson still applies...you can't judge a book by its cover...or can't judge a cowboy by their cover/hat/lid (as JD calls it).  But in my opinion, you can almost always judge them by their boots!



No comments:

Post a Comment