Monday, March 28, 2011

She's Leaving Me

Abby got her ears pierced yesterday.



We had been asking her if she wanted to get them pierced for years.  "No.  It will hurt."  Abby is a really active kid and things happen to her on a daily basis that hurt more than getting your ears pierced.  Horses step on her feet, she wipes out doing a dismount for goat tying, she wrecks her bike, etc.  I guess inflicting pain on purpose would be too much.

Anyway, last Thursday night, she said that the next time we go to town, she wanted to have it done, and to surprise her dad.  So Sunday morning we went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart and also got her ears pierced.

They are so cute!  She loves them too!  I always tell people I think she's ready to move out and live on her own.  She is such an easy kid.  She is learning to cook.  She can clean.  She knows how to do all of the chores.  She is starting to saddle her own horse.  Saturday afternoon she drove the flatbed and for the first time, I could enjoy the drive and not feel certain death was coming at any second.  And now she has her ears pierced.  She's leaving me tomorrow, I just know it!

My little goofball.

No comments:

Post a Comment