Saturday, January 29, 2011

YeeHaa!

The buckaroo prevailed!  All of the stars aligned and I was able to stay out of my horse's way long enough to pull off the win. 

What I love most about going to a show is, they tell you exactly where you are in your training.  Each time you leave, win or lose, there is a new "to do" list for the next month of riding. 

I will be spending some time working on my stops, MY STOPS.  Lou is fully capable of stopping well enough to fill your boots with sand, just not always with me on him.  Throwing him the reins and then having the faith he will do his job, has been a hard thing for me to do.   I wonder if they allow horses to attend those team-building, trust seminars.  You know, the ones where I fall back and he catches me before I hit the ground.  I'm sure he would, I just need to make myself ride like he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment