Friday, August 5, 2011

Was There Ever Any Doubt?

WFO Welding...2011 Fremont County Fair Hog Wrestling Champions!!!

The Team: JD Philleo, Cort Eppler, Matt Howard & Ryan Harrington

Was there ever any doubt that this team would take home the win?  Not from me, there wasn't.  JD asked me last night if I thought they'd win and and I said, "yeah, that's why I entered you".  It never crossed my mind that they wouldn't.

Hog wrestling is right up these boys' alley.  Three guys in their twenties paired with their crazy-ass, never say die, always looking for a wrestling match boss.  Who else had a chance?  I bet that hog is still dazed by the "hot tamale" he took!

The "before" shot.  A pre-game dinner of champions: Indian tacos and beer.


During the calcutta, I missed Ryan and Cort's cart wheels.  I think cart wheels really intimidated the competition.


One of the moments when I told JD, "that is your kid".  I caught him peeing under the bucking chutes.


And here's another classy family photo.  Abby showing me that she was the designated holder of the Copenhagen, sunglasses and cell phones.  The cans are in her back pockets.


"I'm so excited about the pigs.  Can I ride one?"


The start, all hands on the fence boys.


Hot tamale!


Teamwork, transport.


Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment