Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Harry Pardner

Wiley's book club selection
 You know how kids sometimes say the funniest things? 

This story started yesterday when Wiley was singing in the tub.  He's such a happy kid and sings regularly.  He is a fan of Jerrod Niemann's "Lover, Lover" and "The Buckin' Song".  In fact one day over a year ago, he was sitting on my bed and upset with me over something and said, "lover, lover, you don't treat me no good no more" with his best furrowed brow and I'm so disgusted with you look.  And a couple of weeks ago when his donkey bucked him off, he cried, "she bucked me on the pickup truck, bucked me on the fence, my dad says son, you got no buckin' sense".  His timing is perfect!

So back to yesterday in the tub.  His song started out as "Bad to the Bone" and then morphed into something about killing a snake and then something different about (what is he saying?) Harry Pardner, and then ended with "next time won't you sing with me".  I'd love to Bud but sometimes your lyrics are a little hard to follow.

Abby is reading the Harry Potter series and has been talking with us about them at night.  Apparently he's been listening.  Harry Pardner! Come on y'all lets mosey on down to Hogwarts and rustle us up some vittles.

Ahh, the vocabulary of a four year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment